28 September 2010

Ari's Nails

Yup, I went ahead and did it. I got my nails done after a month and a half of sacrificing. The experience was bittersweet. I missed my usual way of getting pampered in my own house with a familiar sofa, familiar faces, and a TV. But my visit to Ari's Nails was not bad at all!

Italians are still discovering the magic of a manicure and a pedicure. Fortunately for them, they have Ari's Nails to tell them just how a manicure and a pedicure are ought to be done. Owned by Stephanie Alliman, an American, the staff speak Italian, Spanish, and English. They offer a wide array of services from your basic manicures and pedicures to waxing. I read that their clients are mostly expats and tourists, but there are Italians who come as well. To know more or to set an appointment, check out their website or their Facebook account.

All of their products are American made and most of the things they use for their clients are available for purchase. They have a wide array of nail colors. That's why it may  take a while before you start your service because it's pretty hard to decided which color you'd want.


There are 2 manicure tables in the front and the rest of the services, including pedicures, are done at the back.

When you want a pedicure done, you get to sit on an ultra comfortable Lazyboy - like chair and get pampered. But I was wearing boots that day, so no feet - pampering for me. Misozi, my manicurist/Saturday - morning - gossip - friend was awesome. We chatted about each others lives while getting my nails cleaned and polished. I know now parts of her childhood and her early career challenges. (haha) Anyway, I had her paint my unghie (nails) with special nail polish that glows under black light.


Check out my nails! From pink to "glowy blue"
Both Stephanie and Misozi were nice and very warm people. We laughed and talked about random things. Another thing I liked about the place was that they played music I liked and most especially, music I understood. If Stephanie's around, your experience will probably come with a free singing and (a bit) dancing show! At Ari's Nails, you not only get the service, but you also get that feeling of being back home and gossiping with your girlfriends... which I miss BIG TIME!

Thanks Steph and Misozi. Until our next chit-chat!


Misozi (L) and Stephanie (R)

address: Via del Sudario, 39, Rome.

2 comments:

  1. Catch the wave............now we've become a rave. I love this write up it's next to Nials and Nail pro magazine. Hard work does pay off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete