13 October 2010

Dessert Craving

I've been busy as hell these past 5 days. I've now moved into my new home for the next year.. hopefully 2.......

I've been having a craving for my favorite "cheat - day dessert" that I discovered one boring afternoon at home in Rome. Apparently, this dessert does exist and it really is done the way I did. Anyhoo, let's just say I invented it for the sake of my ego...

Affogato al Cafe


There's the fancy name they gave it. Well I knew that Affogato had something to do with coffee, but back home the only affogato that majority of the people order is the Affogato in Starbucks! Affogato in Italian means to drown. So this dessert consists of ice cream drowned by a shot of espresso!
*insert salivating moment here*

You can eat it anyway you want-- hot espresso or room temp., vanilla gelato or chocolate....

Here's my own version... I found a gelato cake that I would die for and with this, I make myself the most sinful thing I've ever tasted. Antica Gelateria del Corso is the brand-- their tortas/cakes come in 2 varieties: vanilla with a mocha center or chocolate with vanilla center.

I prefer the vanilla with warm espresso...

Antica Gelateria del Corso
A shot of espresso

Vanilla on the outside has sugary ice shavings covering it and a mocha center

This is how it looks once you've devoured 3/4 of it

Ok, maybe now I can sleep...


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous13.10.10

    Oh man! Affogato has a special place in my heart. Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here.. actually anything with coffee.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ill buy starbucks affogato tomorrow then ahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will? haha i thought you were on a diet? :p

    ReplyDelete